This process plugin wraps around the internal player factory and detects bluray media playback. When the user is trying to play back any file in a bluray structure the structure will be scanned and the user gets prompted to select a feature (corresponding to a mpls playlist). This will make it possible to play back bluray content that utilizes seamless branching (spanning one feature across multiple m2ts files). Because this plugin is wrapped around the internal player this will work by default in My Videos and others plugins like Moving Pictures.
- Bluray playback using the internal player (*.mpls / supports seamless branching )
- Feature selection menu (not actual BD menu)
- Auto-play support (using same settings as DVD autoplay)
- Chapter support (ability to skip next/prev) *
- Improved audio en subtitle handling (*.mpls / *.m2ts) *
* New in latest version
If you can already play back m2ts files then you only need to make sure you have a recent version of "LAV Splitter" registered on your system. The filter will enable playback of .mpls files and is part of the LAV Splitter Filter package. You need at least build 0.35 but a more recent revision is recommended.
note: Playback of protected discs is only possible when you have a 3rd party tool like AnyDVD HD running in the background to remove the protection.