MediaPortal 2 - Alpha 1 Autumn release
Team MediaPortal is proud to release yet another alpha of the upcoming HTPC revolution - MediaPortal 2!
A lot of work has been done since the summer release of MediaPortal 2. Here is a short collection of changes:
- News Plugin
- Party Music Player
- New movie layout (Reflexion)
- VideoBackground (Reflexion) (Check video below!)
- Improved readability in content area (Reflexion)
- New background (RisingSkin)
- Style rework (RisingSkin)
New features and improvements
- Better series and movie lookup:
- Reading metadata from nfo files
- Support for movie collections
- Different PiP strategies: user can select if the current video should be "parked" in PiP, or will stay the fullscreen player (old way)
- MovieThumbnailer creates thumbnails for videos where windows shell method fail (based on ffmpeg)
- Added password control to SkinEngine
- Added render events and statistics renderer plugin (F10 to enable stats, F11 toggle render strategies)
- Online lookups (series, movies, weather) don't block MP2 when no network connection is available
- Videoplayer now support dvr-ms and wtv format
- Extended and fixed Fanart service
Further information & support
If you are looking for further information please check out MediaPortal 2 wiki first. We are heavily working to improve it.
If you don't find an answer there create a new thread in MediaPortal 2 forums.
If you found a bug, please check Mantis & bug report forums first. If it has not been reported already, create a new thread.
Before installing MediaPortal 2, you need to make sure all requirements are installed.
.::. Download - MediaPortal 2 Alpha 1 Autumn Release .::.
If you would like to support MediaPortal, we are happy to receive a small donation!
The team wishes you a lot of fun with this new release!
.::. Discuss this news article .::.