CecRemote is a process plugin that adds support for Pulse-Eight’s USB-CEC adapters. It allows users to control MediaPortal using their TV remote and control the power state of HDMI devices. Communication with the devices is done using libCEC.
- fully customizable key mappings
- automatically power on TV and other HDMI devices when MediaPortal starts
- automatically power off devices when MediaPortal is closed, system enters sleep or computer is powered off
- option to set the HDMI device type and OSD name
- extensions plugin support for changing settings without leaving MediaPortal
- customizable actions when TV is switched off (for example put computer to sleep)
- libCEC compatible USB-CEC adapter (from Pulse-Eight)
- TV that supports HDMI-CEC
Please note that supported remote controller buttons and other features depend on the CEC-implementation of the TV.