RAW Picture Viewer displays RAW images as well as standart images stored on your disk. You do not need to convert your RAW images to jpg anymore!
- Can Display RAW images after automatically converting them, stores the converted images in a cache library for later fast access.
- Can display ordinary images
- Displays exiff info from the files
- Supports listview, small thumbs, big thumbs, filmstrip and cover view modes
- You can slideshow and slideshow recursively through your library
- Automatic Cache management clears thumbnails according to your criteria, either by number of files in the cache, or size of the cache
- Remote control of the plugin is tested, please report problems or unexpected behaviour with remotes
- Photos can be goruped by date or date/month to be viewed instead of real folder grouping
- Database backed up operation. Instead of holding everything in memory, now everything is stored in a database and retrieved when needed.
- Folder customization. Now your pictures can be organized according to your needs. You can group by date (like year/month), or according to exif information like (camera/lens/year/month) kind of organization. And you can switch between folder organizations.
- Picture rotation. You can rotate your pictures with right click and ctrl-right click, or rewind and forward buttons on the remote. Note that original files are untouched, only thumbnail files and slideshow items are rotated when displayed.
- Automatic cache management (removal of old files) should work better.
- Auto backed up databases to recover in case of failures, database is checked against errors on each run.
- Nothing is installed on system globally, though some files are copied into mediaportal installation folder to support database operations (SqlCE version 3.5SP2)
- Minor improvements in code stability and possible version mismatch prevention with future mediaportal releases
To be Added
- User customizable custom parameters for RAW Image conversion
- Rating system to be able to group by rating also
- It takes time to create a hierarchy for picture dategroup info. System will autogenerate and autosync these folders, it will take some time and should auto update the content while browsing or plugin is running
- While navigating through thumbnail views with remote, items do not appear in zoomed state, appears to be a skin issue that I am working on.
ImageMagick suite used to convert RAW images belongs to ImageMagick Studio LLC.
See license.txt in the plugins/dcraw directory under plugin distribution