Emulators is a plugin that allows you to view and start emulated and PC games from MediaPortal 2.
- Play emulated games natively in MediaPortal 2 by using Libretro cores, no need to launch external applications
- Retrieves and displays online information/images for your games, currently uses information from TheGamesDB.net...more sources to follow
- Games added/treated just like other media in MediaPortal 2, so all games are available on all connected clients (emulators need to be configured per client)
- GoodMerge games are supported
- Emulators can be closed using the Stop key
Fix skin files
Update to new TheGamesDb API
Add setting for selecting libretro audio output device
Minor fixes and improvements
Add support for running Libretro cores
Implement background fanart
Minor skin changes
Update compatibility with latest MP2 weekly release
Improve online lookup
Add ability to specify TheGamesDb id in filename, prefix id with gg and enclose in brackets, e.g. 'mygame (gg12345).rom'
Download additional image types
Add workaround to display different image types on clients
Fix null reference when configuring an emulator
Installation / Configuration
Stop the MediaPortal 2 server and close open clients
Copy the 'Emulators' folder to the client plugin directory (by default this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\). Overwrite if prompted.
Copy the 'Emulators.Server' folder to the server plugin directory (by default this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\). Overwrite if prompted.
Restart the server and clients
Download Version for MP2
Archived File 1
Archived File 2
Archived File 3
Archived File 4