PureAudio Music Player
PureAudio is an external player plugin.
It can be used as a replacement for the built-in music player to provide some extra "audiophile" features:
- True gapless playback mode (sample-perfect).
- Normal playback mode with adjustable gap length.
- Easy bitperfect playback over ASIO (with appropiate hardware).
- Customizable ASIO channelmapping that allows you to directly drive the S/PDIF output on for example M-Audio Delta cards without having to route through the monitor mixer.
- Option to synchronize visialization with sound.
- Auto-bitperfect feature for passthrough of DTS (or DD) encoded wav files.
Of course it also covers most functionality of MediaPortal's built-in player:
- It supports a wide variety of file formats and sampling rates.
- Can also playback over standard Windows sounddevices (DirectX).
- Support for VST plugins.
- Support for Winamp DSP's
This player however does not support:
- BASS effects
For MediaPortal 1.1.0 and up, the PureAudio plugin is listed as "known extension" and can therefor be installed through the MPEInstaller program that comes with MediaPortal.
Submit review See all 1 reviews